Original post appears on Arture.
Daunted by the thought of finding the perfectionist the perfect gift?
Here are some things you might be looking for.
Remember how Maa never let us NOT share things with our siblings? She taught us to take everybody along. We followed. Remember how Grandma let us sneak into the kitchen to savor that piece of chocolate without mum’s permission? She spoilt us with love. We followed. Remember how Didi let us slip outside to enjoy the downpour, gumboots, paper-boats and everything and did our dirty laundry quickly thereafter? She made sure we had the time of our lives. We followed.
Mother’s Day is today and one question has been a real head-scratcher for our team – What to present her with?
But the good news is – the hard part? It’s all been taken care of. Here’s our list of things you can do this Mother’s day to remind her just how special she is.
- MAKE HER A PLAYLIST. Wake her up to some old tunes playing – those classics that she adores.
- TAKE HER ON A DATE. Arrange some candle lights, cook her something nice, let her know that her little child has learnt so well from her – the master!
- RETRACE THE MEMORIES. Photographs are pages where “time’s forever frozen still”. Put together a collage of her fond memories, with you and her family and friends. She’ll smile, we promise!
- BUY HER A NEW MAGIC VESSEL. Maybe that characteristic bag she takes everywhere, needs a little upgrade. Buy her a new bag or wallet. Something that would be as evergreen as she is. 🙂
- WRITE HER A LETTER. Handwritten letters will never go out of style. Show your gratitude and appreciation. Don’t hold back. Let her know just how much she means to you.
- MOVIE MARATHON. Take a note of her favourite movies, grab some comfort food (translate : lots and lots of popcorn) and there you are!
- SEAL IT WITH A HUG. Tell her you love her, say thank you, be her little child again and hug away.
With our lives being so busy these days, it’s so easy to take for granted the relationships that make us who we are. Don’t let that happen. Remember to slow down to create new memories every now and then. 🙂
A humble reminder – While we celebrate our love for our mothers, let’s not forget to give Mother Nature her due either.
The Arture team.
Shop Arture on Jewel & Lotus
Original post by Arture can be read at https://myarture.com/blogs/arture/mother-knows-best.